Shane P. Criqui has litigated before the California Superior Court, the California Court of Appeal, the California Labor Commissioner, the U.S. District Courts for the Central and Southern Districts of California, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, and various private arbitrators.
He provides aggressive yet practical legal representation to achieve clients’ objectives in litigation, as well as accurate and thoughtful legal counseling to clients regarding their legal, business and employment needs. Mr. Criqui has tried 8 cases to verdict or judgment and settled countless others. His representative cases include:
- Trial attorney in two week trial in Orange County Superior Court defending a prominent businessman against claims brought by his former domestic employee. The Plaintiff had demanded over $400,000 in unpaid overtime wages, penalties and interest, but was awarded only $6,300 after trial, and was denied any attorneys’ fees or costs.
- Trial attorney in one month trial in Orange County Superior Court defending individual and corporation. The Plaintiff had alleged multi-million dollar claims for breach of fiduciary duty, but took nothing.
- Trial attorney in two month trial in Orange County Superior Court defending public company. Plaintiff had demanded $129 million in damages for purported violations of California’s Insurance Frauds Prevention Act, but took nothing.
- Trial attorney in Los Angeles County Superior Court case defending a motorcycle helmet distributor against an employee’s claims of reverse race discrimination and misclassification of exempt salaried status. The case was tried over three days and resulted in a complete defense verdict.
- Trial attorney in three week jury trial in Riverside County Superior Court defending manufacturing business. The jury found for the defense on Plaintiff’s national origin discrimination and wrongful termination claims.
- Trial attorney in California Labor Commissioner proceeding defending self-storage business. Plaintiffs sought $250,000 for purported unpaid bonuses and overtime wages, but, after a full-day hearing involving direct and cross examination of seven witnesses, were awarded zero.
- Trial attorney in six day arbitration representing claimant as a Plaintiff against former employer. Secured an award in excess of $600,000 for Plaintiff on oral employment contract claims.
- Lead attorney for real estate client in multiple actions, including for commissions owed to real estate company on the sale of an eight figure property, which were successfully secured, and in a shareholder inspection action, which was dismissed.
Mr. Criqui has been included in the Southern California “Rising Stars” list by Super Lawyers magazine since 2015. He has also been selected by his peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers® in America 2021 in the practice area of Commercial Litigation.
Prior to becoming a partner at Stuart Kane LLP, he was a litigation attorney at Stradling Yocca Carlson & Rauth for seven years. Mr. Criqui also served as a Judicial Extern for the Honorable Stephen V. Wilson, United States District Court Judge, Central District of California in 2006. Prior to law school, he worked as an Investment Banking Analyst for CIBC World Markets (aka CIBC Oppenheimer) in New York City.
News About Shane Criqui
Please click links below for details.