Employment Law Update 2020: A Workshop for Employers
OCTANe and Stuart Kane LLP present
Employment Law Update 2020: A Workshop for Management
With the new year come new changes in employment law that every employer needs to know. At our annual OCTANe Employment Law Update, employment attorneys Bruce May and Shane Criqui and insurance experts Kirk Aguilera and Gordon Fraser will provide practical guidance for assuring compliance with the latest developments in employment law in California, including:
- New Standards for Independent Contractors: Expanding the Decision in Dynamex
- Arbitration Agreements: Can You Require Employees To Sign?
- Harassment Training for Non-Supervisors: What is the Best Practice?
- No Re-Hire Clauses in Settlement Agreements: Lawful or Not?
- Paid Family Leave Benefits Extended From 6 to 8 Weeks
- Lactation Accommodation: New Requirements For New Mothers
- Racial Hairstyle Discrimination: Creating a Respectful and Open World for Natural Hairstyles
- Minimum Wage Increases
- Best Practices For Hiring
- Paid Sick Leave Laws
- Best Practices for Employment Practices Liability Insurance
Date: January 23, 2020
Time: 7:30 am to 9:00 am
Place: 620 Newport Center Drive, Ground Floor Conference Room
Who should attend: HR professionals, managers, entrepreneurs, and owners of companies of all sizes.